My sweet niece is celebrating a birthday on St. Patrick’s Day and I wanted to make her feel special by creating a cute card to send to her. Bright pinks, confetti, and hearts – that describes Lilli. So I immediately thought of the gorgeous colors from the It’s My Party! Suite in the 2016 Occasions catalog, the sentiment from the Hello stamp set, and the precious little baby chick from the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set which I got for free during Sale-A-Bration. If you want free stamps and paper, ask me how!
Here’s how I made it.
- Paper: Whisper White cardstock 5 1/2″x8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ folded in half; Melon Mambo cardstock 5 1/4″ x 4″ and 4 1/4″ x 3″ and a scrap piece; Confetti paper from the It’s My Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack 5″ x 3 3/4″; Whisper White cardstock 4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Ink: Basic Black Archival; Melon Mambo; Crushed Curry; Mint Macaron
- Stamps: Honeycomb Happiness; Hello.
- Tools ‘N Embellishments: Honeycomb Embellishment in Mint Macaron; Blender Pens; Regals Stampin’ Write Marker in Cajun Craze; Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack – Heart.
- Attach Confetti DSP to largest Melon Mambo cardstock panel. Attach to notecard with adhesive.
- On the Whisper White cardstock piece that measures 4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the Birthday Girl sentiment in Melon Mambo at the bottom of the panel.
- Using the Basic Black Archival Ink Pad, stamp the chick, then the balloon, placing the balloon next to the chick’s wing to appear that she is holding the balloon.
- Stamp the birthday hat on top of the chick’s head using Melon Mambo.
- With the stamp pads closed, press the Crushed Curry and the Mint Macaron pads until ink is transferred to the inside lid of the stamp pad. This ink on the lid will be the ink you use with your blender pens.
- Using the blender pens and the ink on the stamp pad lids, color in the chick and the balloon, creating a muted color effect.
- Adhere the Honeycomb Embellishment to the balloon. If you are mailing the card, do not adhere both sides. Indicate on the closed side to “peel and stick”. When the person opens the card they can adhere the embellishment to “open” it up.
- Punch a heart out of the Melon Mambo scrap piece and attach.